* # of Users
Web Security Gateway
The Barracuda Web Security Gateway is an on-premises solution that, integrates with your directory service for group-based policies and caches static Web content locally to save bandwidth. The gateway can be configured either to provide local security and policy enforcement or forward traffic to the cloud-based Web filtering service. Gateway appliances are managed and configured through the cloud-based central management and reporting interface. The Barracuda Web Security Gateway is available as a hardware appliance or as a virtual appliance.
- Suggested Throughput: 300 Mbps
- Suggested Number of Users: Up to 8,000
- Ethernet Bypass Hardware: Yes
- WCCP: Yes
Barracuda Web Security Flex, a SaaS-based secure Web gateway, protects users from malware, phishing, identity theft and other harmful activity online – in effect, providing a “pure wire” to the Internet. The service sits between an organization’s network and the Internet to protect users as they conduct business-critical activities on the Web.
- Provides comprehensive and flexible reporting, and as a result, global visibility
- Website response traffic is analyzed for untrustworthy users, and malicious programs
- Safety and compliance inspection of outbound traffic.
Note: The Security Gateways are not necessary for your Flex subscription. They are advantageous to have since they integrate with AD for user policies and force the proxy settings instead of a network administrator having to configure each individual desktop.
Web Security Flex's SaaS-based, multi-tenant global architecture keeps threats out of the network, extends protection to all of your users. It also provides immediate access to updates, and requires little to no maintenance.
It also offers a predictable pricing structure thath as no upfront costs as well as a and cost savings of up to 40% - all while managing control of Web 2.0 tools and applications.
Web Security Flex integrates multiple layers of comprehensive compliance enforcement.
- URL Filtering: Web Security Flex’s advanced Web filtering integrates powerful URL filtering analysis, including more than 100 million active Web sites across 90 categories, with real-time reputation scoring and content analysis. The database is updated daily with newly categorized sites and provides a real-time feedback loop to increase accuracy.
- Data Leak Prevention: Web Security Flex stops sensitive data leaks from leaving your organization via Web traffic. This includes controlling access to Webmail, blocking the ability to upload certain file types, and stopping keyword postings on user-generated content sites such as blogs and Wikis.
- Application Control: Web Security Flex manages access to various Web applications, including non-browser based Web applications such as instant messaging, VoIP, P2P file sharing and streaming media applications.
- Bandwidth Control: Web Security Flex helps maximize bandwidth by keeping unnecessary and unauthorized traffic off of your network, while accelerating the Web experience through ollaborative content caching in the service.
- Flexible Policies: Web Security Flex compliance enforcement is based on powerful, customizable rules that govern what your users are allowed to do. Configured on a single screen, each rule manages restrictions and exceptions for a group of users, with control of blocking, overriding, coaching, quota-based usage throttling, rule scheduling and real-time alerts.
Advanced Threat Protection Web Security Flex integrates multiple layers of advanced threat protection.
- Web Reputation: Web Security Flex’s Dynamic Response Classifier engine analyzes response traffic based on HTTP headers, content filtering and link analysis. The engine operates in real time as part of the proxy, and Web Security Flex dynamically classifies Web sites on the fly to make fast, accurate decisions about the security of those sites.
- Script-Attack Prevention: Web Security Flex’s Threat Analyzer engine emulates the browser and performs multiple security checks to determine what exactly a specific application is trying to do. Web Security Flex is able to block malicious scripts before they enter your network.
- Anti-Malware: Object-based malware detection uses string scanning and advanced heuristic technology to block unknown Web-based viruses and spyware before they can gain access to your enterprise network.
- Anti-Virus: Signature-based anti-virus protects against previously identified viruses. The Web Security Flex service integrates industry-leading anti-virus signatures, updated hourly, to provide a rapid response to new known security threats.
Easy Administration, Flexible Deployment
Administrators manage and monitor the Web Security Flex using an intuitive Web-based interface that provides a blend of enterprise-ready and usability features such as directory integration for group- or user- based policies, predefined security policies, and a wealth of security, compliance and usage reports.
Web Security Flex offers flexible deployment options, ranging from simply configuring a Web browser to proxying all traffic directly to Web Security Flex with no on-site software, to forwarding traffic from the firewall, to more advanced configurations such as LDAP/Active Directory integration and intercepting proxy configurations.
Protection across the Complete Web Security Threat Landscape Based on patent-pending technologies, the Web Security Flex provides the fastest performance, highest security, and easiest manageability on the market. It is a comprehensive, customizable, and fully integrated service that is powered by innovations of Web Security Flex Research.